MANUSCRIPT FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS.
All manuscripts must meet the following requirements:
- The title of the paper should not exceed ten words.
- There must be an abstract of between 200 and 300 words.
- All illustrations must be stored on a separate file to the text.
- Locate any illustration by placing a figure number in the text.
- The manuscript must have a maximum of five keywords following the abstract.
- The manuscript must have a reference section at the end with the author's names in lower case followed by the year, the title of the reference in italics and the source or publisher in normal lower case e.g Jackson N.1999, Reconstructing Architecture for the Twenty First Century , Toronto University Press, Toronto , Canada . In this case the whole book/article is being referred to i.e no pages numbers are given.
- The citation format in the body of the text must have the author's name in lower case followed by the year in brackets e.g (Hamdi N.1999). Where a specific page or pages are being referred to then the page number or numbers must be cited after the author's name e.g (Wills, 2002:31. or Wills 2002:31-44)
- There must be a conclusion at the end of the manuscript.
- The length of the manuscript should be around 4000 words .
- All photographs, maps and graphs must be in TIFF format and not be less than 300 dpi . Photos should be scanned as multi-colour (8 bit colour) and then transferred to grey scale. Width=12cm, the height is free.
- All tables, graphs and line drawings should be in rich text form or .doc format using Word, Power Point or Excel original programs. Please only use grey scales (no colour).
- Manuscripts and all images must be submitted on a CD and sent to the address below.
- One hard copy of the text is required without images and one copy with images in the text.
- Care should be taken that all information, particularly about place names is clear and correct.
ad.3 & 4 above
Please ensure that all illustrations whether tables, graphs, photographs, maps or line drawings must NOT be embedded in the text of an article. Authors MUST put all illustrations on a separate file and only put the figure number with caption in the text to show where the illustration should be. Any article which does not follow this guide line will not be published.